What's On My Spotify 'Favourites' Playlist?

Monday 22 March 2021

If you want to see inside someone’s soul, other than the obvious look-into-their-eyes, look at their Spotify playlists.


I’ve tried to start so many blog posts about my favourite artists, albums and songs, but honestly that is an impossible task for me, so I’m cheating and giving you a massive overview of the music I listen to on a near-daily basis. Sorry, not sorry.


I created a ‘Favourites’ playlist ages ago, and add to it when I remember songs I love that I forgot about, or when I make new discoveries. Because there are so many, accumulated from a long history of music-listening, and so I don’t know how accurate this playlist is, but it gives a very good idea of the music that’s most important to me. 




I *hope* you'll find this interesting - I know I'm always interested to hear what music other people listen to. It's one of the classic ice-breaker questions. I love talking about music and sharing what I love, and this was the best way I could think of to do that, and to provide a representative view. 


I arranged them into which artists feature the most, which was actually interesting to look at, because it doesn’t necessarily give an accurate representation of importance. For example, one random song from an aritst I don't particularly know well can have such an impact on me, or there are artists I love but only one or two of their songs make the cut (brutal, right?) 


So here goes...

 



Artists that feature most:


Rufus Wainwright (obvious  - you may know he’s my fave artist)


The Vaccines


First Aid Kit


Supergrass


Radiohead (love them, though requires a specific mood)

 






     A few songs from:

    

    Elton John

     Carole King ('A Natural Woman' is one of my favourite songs)

    Billy Joel 

     Queen (love story of a lifetime)

    KT Tunstall

     Amy Winehouse 

    Loudon Wainwright III and Martha Wainwright

    Blur

    Red Hot Chilli Peppers

    Fleetwood Mac (‘Never Going Back Again’ is my favourite)

    The Black Keys

    George Harrison






And random one-off songs such as... 


Leonard Cohen - ‘So Long, Marianne'

Abba - 'The Day Before You Came'

Joni Mitchell - ‘Big Yellow Taxi’ (she's one amazing guitarist)

Carly Simon - ‘You’re So Vain’

Al Green - ‘How Can You Mend a Broken Heart’

Freddie Mercury - ‘The Great Pretender’ 

Dua Lipa - ‘Break My Heart’...


...and more.




So there we have it. It’s pretty eclectic as you can see, but I think everyone says that about their music taste. If you’re going to create a playlist as vague and broad as ‘Favourites’ you end up with a playlist shared by Abba and Radiohead, Carpenters and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Leonard Cohen and Dua Lipa (do you think they’d get on?)



Take pride in your random playlists!



I hope you enjoyed finding out the music I love listening to. Maybe you saw some stuff you like or took some recommendations. And maybe one day I'll be able to condense it all better...

Post a Comment

Instagram

© Evie Pondering. Design by FCD.